Toll Free Numbers
A Toll-free telephone number or free-phone number is a telephone number that is billed for all arriving calls instead of incurring charges to the originating telephone subscriber. For the calling party, a call to a toll-free number from a landline is free of charge.
In India, the toll-free prefix is “1800” followed by a six or seven digit number. Free if calling from a mobile phone or a land line. Prefix of “1860” followed by a seven digit are local rate numbers. Calling party pays the local rate and the called party pays long distance call charges (if any).
- Look official. A toll free number makes your business appear more professional and more established
- Build your brand. Select a number that’s easy for customers to remember. Many businesses choose vanity numbers that include the company name or catchy words to further reinforce their brand
- Unify your image. If your team is spread out across different cities, you can present a unified image to customers with one number and multiple 4-digit extensions for you and your colleagues.
- Broaden your exposure. Convey a bigger presence, beyond a local area code. Great for business who want to advertise to a wider audience.
- Send business texts. Toll free numbers can also provide convenient capabilities like support for texting, call forwarding, call screening, and call transfer.